Without governance, results are often less than expected or in the worst case the program fizzles out. Energy & sustainability (E&S) programs are no different – particularly where success = the best material results possible. From our experience there are 5 vital ingredients to a solid program governance:
- Executive commitment – drives purpose, focus and staying power.
- Agreement on material value – the answer to, “why is this program important to the organization?”
- Accountabilities & responsibilities – necessary for effective communication and execution.
- Measurable goals & objectives – are we getting the promised results?
- Clear understanding of decision-making rules and processes – keep the program moving forward at a pace which delivers the best results possible.
The Foundation of An Ongoing Energy and Sustainability Program
As the 1st leg of our E&S Department service we ensure the governance process is tuned to our customers’ business situation and processes. It begins with helping our customers understand and prioritize the material value of the E&S program relevant to their business goals.
Our dedicated program management team then supports the build-out of the other key elements of governance and then manages and/or supports the on-going delivery of the program to ensure our customers achieve the best material results possible.
Our governance service includes the following deliverables:
Contact Us today to learn more about Energy Advantage’s Energy & Sustainability Department service and its governance process to help you achieve the best material results possible.